About Us... Elizabeth Andrews High School is a non-traditional secondary program that provides an educational opportunity to high school students who wish to accelerate the manner in which they complete the remaining required units for graduation. This non-traditional secondary program provides an educational opportunity to high school students wishing to enter college or join the work force early, to students who need to make up courses for graduation, to dropouts seeking education while gainfully employed or to married students. Elizabeth Andrews enrollment is available to DeKalb County residents 16 years of age who have completed 6 units of credit which includes 3 credits from the content core areas such as: English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and World Language.
- To improve student achievement
- To provide a climate for academic success
- To improve student graduation rate
- To use the Mentoring Program as a vehicle to support student achievement
To raise standards and increase academic achievement for all students through a rigorous educational curriculum supported by collaborative stakeholders' efforts.
To provide a rigorous educational vehicle by which each student will reach his or her academic potential in order to become a productive citizen.
Elizabeth Andrews High School offers a non-traditional secondary school experience in a clearly defined structure where the student is given the opportunity to assume the adult role of responsibility for educational achievement and behavior:
- Students may graduate at the end of any nine week mini-semester;
- EAHS provides flexible scheduling for the student who needs it in order to help meet other commitments as job requirements and family responsibilities;
- Students may also participate in programs at the DeKalb Technology North program at Cross Keys HS, engage in independent study projects, work in the community-based apprenticeship programs, take College Board sanctioned AP classes, train and participate in a peer counseling program, and take joint enrollment college courses. For students planning to attend college, a college curriculum is available;
- A High School Mentoring Program that focuses on empowering students to make constructive choices which will lead to academic and personal success.